Practice (Classmate) Feature Story


     It was their first time together at Disney World. Love is in the air and new experiences are to be made. But the journey there isn’t always easy. 
     Valeria Giraldo, a highschool senior, went with her boyfriend this past summer. “I was extremely happy and felt like what I was experiencing was surreal and out of this world.” This was the first time she took a trip with a significant other. 
     “I never imagined myself having such a fun experience with someone I love.” 
     She first met him through her close friend, Davonte Ellington. “They communicated with each other constantly so he had no problem asking him for my Snapchat username. We started texting on there constantly.” Giraldo kept in contact with Gio for a couple weeks. “ He did ask me out a couple of times but I rejected him. I wasn’t interested. There were rumors about him that I wasn’t sure were true,” said Giraldo. It’s very hard to keep interest in someone when rumors are following them. This created a riff in their relationship because she’s barreling whether she should follow her heart or listen to the constant rumors. 
    “The following year we ended up having the same P.E class and we started talking there. He wished me a happy birthday since it just passed.” This meant a lot to her. Knowing that someone who she doesn’t normally converse with wished her a happy birthday, made it apparent that she was noticed. 
      However, the Covid pandemic struck the world which nearly stopped their communication. “We didn’t talk as much when Covid hit but soon after we started to be on FaceTime a lot since the lockdown obstructed our chances to hang out places. When it got better, we started going over to each other house,” said Giraldo. Slowly but surely building this relationship, they started building trust and communication. As their relationship grew closer, Giraldo proposed a surprising idea. “Would you want to take a three day trip with me and my family to fondue world?” This shocked Gio and he was unsure at first. 
      “I was able to convince him that it’s a once in the life time opportunity and we should go just for the fun of it. He agreed so we asked his parents and mine. His parents were okay with it since they already met my parents. My parents were fine with paying for his ticket also.”
       Fast forward to the actual days of the trip, Giraldo was ecstatic. “ I was extremely happy and felt like what I was experiencing was surreal and out of this world.” This is the first time she’s ever done anything like this. This was a time to remember. Everything went perfectly for them. 
      However, trips like this don’t always go well. Giraldo’s outcome was one of happily ever after. “My boyfriend and I became closer, we shared so many new memories together and learned things about each other that we never knew.” This trip helped build a foundation of their relationship that most couple past their age would’ve even make it to that stage to have that opportunity.
       In the end, her friend, Ellington  changed her love life. She owed him a huge favor. “ Ellington’s is extremely happy about being “the best wingman” and jokes about being a matchmaker.” said Valeria. “I even able to help him gain a relationship with my best friend and they’re dating now.” Now, that’s a surprise.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Critical Creative Reflection 1

Critical Creative Reflection 2

Photo Composition Info Pt.1