Decisions, Decisions, DECISIONS !

      So I finally came to the realization that this magazine is something serious. Having the full control of the every single aspect of the magazine is something I never thought about how magazine companies come up with that. We’ve seen the movies, the interviews, but do we really understand the steps and measures they take? A class like this turkey help and since I leave red about shots, angles, movements, composition, mis-en-scene, amount other, I will be able to use these when creating my magazine. So using what the results of the survey were I will be doing:


To begin, I will be working with a partner on this magazine. 


Naming my magazine: 

      Euphorics (received 48.7% of the votes) which would be fully capitalized (76.9% vote in favor of) 

     I do like this name and sizing a lot so I’m sticking to this result until I chooser otherwise


Demographics would be: 

    17 years old to 20 years old (69.2% majority vote) who, a little more than half, have equal amounts of being a risk taker and a laid back person (53.8%)


    The top four colors the magazine would consist of:

    Blue (64.1%), green (43.6%), yellow (41%), and white (38.5%).


For the cover photo:

    The model will be a female model at a destination (56.4%). 

    However I am debating on switching this to the destination only which received the second most votes (43.6%) . I will see when I take my photos. 

     The destination would either be at the beach or in the city. This is beach both of those revived the same amount of votes (30.8%).

      I have nothing against the other options so I’m fine with doing one of these destination as my cover photo. 


Kind of shot:

    It will be a long shot (received 48.7% of the vote). 

    I do agree with this because I want to get the whole destination in the photo so I’m not going to steer away form this result. 


Content: 

     Majority chose that interviews from a traveler would be better than a business owner at a destination spot (66.7%). 

     I believe I may do both however I’m not sure. I may use one for a subline and the other for a headline. 

     There will also be a formal tone that will be used (71.8)

     I don’t 100% agree with this because if we’re speaking to 17-20 year olds, I want to be able to use language they will relate to. 

      The magazine will contain more images than text which is shocking because it was a close call with have a little over 50 percent, 51.3%, of the vote. I will discuss this further with my partner. 


Image revived from: https://www.inc.com/jelise-keith/how-to-quickly-get-your-staffs-input-before-making-a-big-decision.html

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Critical Creative Reflection 1

Critical Creative Reflection 2

Photo Composition Info Pt.1