Photo Composition Info Pt.2 (Trial)


     Hi there! This set of elements that photographers use to create a photo was a little tricky. I keep forgetting that all of these elements can be combined into one frame. So when I was taking the pictures, I kept thinking that I was doing it wrong. However, the pictures I’m about to show, I still want to redo them with a live subject so I can understand better. 

     I took these photos at my school in a unused classroom. I used one of my stuffed toys for this instead of a live subject so it would be much easier to do since I can place it however I want. With a live subject, there could be a communication barrier where one of us doesn’t comprehend what the other is saying. 

     Now I can show you the photos that were taken :).

Framing

     I placed Pikachu in between a stool to create a frame in the frame I’m taking my photo. It shows him boxed in, leaning back. 

Rule of thirds

     I applied rule of thirds to this photo by turning on the grid function on my iPhone. I can also just turn it off and imagine the lines. That’s why I placed it on the second vertical line from the right. It still shows the background as a main aspect along with Pikachu.

Depth of field

   Deep of field was created in this photo by having every aspect of the photos be clear. From the closest object (the mouses) to the furthest object (the upside down table), the focus is still clear. 

Deep focus


    I realized I might’ve did this photo wrong. I’ve must’ve misunderstood what was being  asked because i ended up. Since this is normally used in a close up, this is not what the picture shows because this is a full body photo. In addition, the computer does seems to be courtly in the background.  

Shallow focus 

   When taking this photo, I had to move extremely close to Pikachu’s face to get the camera to blur it out while focusing on the background to keep it clear.  In a s shallow focus, one point is clear while the rest is blurred.

Focus pull 


    In this example I realized that I did it wrong. Since I took photos I only showed half of the focus pull example. In a focus pull, you’re supposed to show the change in focus. For example. If you take a picture of a dog in a park, at first you’re supposed to take the picture with the dog in focus. Then the next picture should be done in the same exact position, but with the background of the park in focus. The basic idea I had for this was to take a picture of Pikachu in front of people so I can focus on him, then in the next frame I switch the focus to the people behind him, making him blurred. 
    
    I’m glad I’m able to realize my mistakes and correct them. This will help me a lot when I have to identify what compositions are used in a film/photograph and when I have to take my own photos using this elements. 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Critical Creative Reflection 1

Critical Creative Reflection 2

Photo Composition Info Pt.1