Camera Shots Info PT.1


     Hi! That is honestly all I have to say. I'm really trying to finish this today *laughing emoji*.

     Side note if you noticed that I posted four posts in a day... please ignore that. Like I said before, I had an extremely busy weekend. 

     Nonetheless, there are many different kinds of camera shots that could be used to take a photo. The ones that I'm being tested on are establishing shot, master shot, close-up, mid-shot, long shot, wide shot, two-shot, aerial shot, point-of-view shot, and variations of those.

Establishing shot

    This is normally a wide shot , extremely long shot, or aerial shot that shows the setting of the scene.


Aerial shot

     This shot is shown from birds eye view. This gives the viewer a deeper understanding of what's happening on the ground. 


Master shot:

    Most important shot of any given scene. This shot keeps all the characters in the frame. It can be long or mid shot. This is meant to introduce something in the shot. 


Mid-shot

    A mid shot is also called a waist shot. This shot shows the subjects waist up.  This is used to emphasis the actor but also show the background.


Long shot

    This is similar to wide shot. It captures the subject from head to toe. This defines the subject and their  relation to the setting


Wide shot

    This shot shows the subject in the environment they're in. Its meant to show whos in the scene, where its taking place, and when it starts.


Two-shot 

    This shot is of two subjects in the same frame. This is used to show how the characters emotions interact with eachother.


Point-of-view shot

    This shot shows the viewer from an angle as if they were seeing what the subject sees.


Close-up

    This shot is taken close to the subjects face. This empathizes the subjects reactions, making it more noticeable. 


    There is also over the shoulder shot, but I currently don't have an example for it

    I'm going to say that the point of view shot might be my favorite and I'm for sure going to use it when I take pictures for my magazine. I may not have figured out an idea, but seeing what the subject is seeing is an amazing view. Now you will see me putting these to the test.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Critical Creative Reflection 1

Critical Creative Reflection 2

Photo Composition Info Pt.1